Monday, June 2, 2008

Church Rummage Sale

Last week, all of my attention was focused on one thing...our church rummage sale! I was in charge of the sale and I was at the church everyday, all day from Tuesday to Saturday working on it. We started setting things up on Wednesday. I had many helpers and we got most of it set up that day. I had no idea that much stuff was donated! I was very tired every night when I got home but I had so much fun! Saturday was the big day. We advertised it well so I was anxious to see how big of a turn out we had. We advertised it to start at 8:00 but we had people there at 7:15 wanting to come in. We were very busy and had a constant flow of people until about noon. Our women's ministry also had a bake sale and sold lunch items. The youth had a free car wash for a fundraiser. We had the students get people to sponsor them for the number of cars they washed. They washed about 50 cars that day. We sold about $900 worth of stuff!! When it was over I looked around the gym and I couldn't really tell that we sold anything because we had so much stuff to begin with. Since there was so much left I decided to have a 1/2 price sale this coming Saturday to get rid of some more before we donate the rest of it. I had many comments that the sale was very organized. One of the youth said that they gym looked like a department store because all of the tables were catagorized. That made me feel so good. :) Aaron and I decided that my summer job should probably be organizing garage sales for people at their homes. Haha! Something to think about!

Here are some pictures from Saturday.
Our gym was completely packed!!

2 comments:

Lee and Becca said...

you can claim that your mom taught you everything you know.....or at least raised you up with an appreciation for hard work and the love of garage sales! do they have "garage sale" planners...like wedding planners? hope to see you guys sometime soon!

Bethany said...

Seriously though... I ABSOLUTELY agree with Aaron. You would be an amazing garage sale planner. That should be the next chic flick, garage sale planner falls in love with man who is trying to get rid of all his belongings :)
Miss you.