Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New and Improved Youth Room!

Last week Aaron, 3 girls from the youth group, and I painted in the game room. I was looking forward to that for months! We printed pictures onto transparencies and then used the overhead to trace the designs on the walls. It was a very smooth process and everything turned out great! Here are some pictures!!
We were pretty excited about how our logo turned out! Aaron said it looks so good because he didn't touch it!

We painted the "fruit of the spirit" words on both sides of this wall.

These are next to the ping-pong table of course.

And last but not least...the pool balls.


I don't know if any of you remember or not but many posts ago I wrote about how one day I just had the urge to do some work so Aaron and I worked on a bulletin board at church. Well, I thought I would post the picture since I showed the new additions to the youth room. This board is in the hallway next to the office that has pictures of our youth events so people in the church now what's going on.

This is another bulletin board at church that I just did today. There wasn't really anything on it before except crazy wrapping paper and it was driving me nuts so I had to change it! I was looking forward to doing that for months as well! I am almost done with my little projects at the church. Who needs a summer job? I'm too busy! :)


This Saturday Aaron and I are leaving with 18 students and 2 adult leaders for South Dakota on our mission trip. We're pretty excited and I know the students are ready! I'm looking forward to seeing how our group grows and what we learn together. I am a little nervous about driving the van and just about being a leader in general. A lot of our students have been on more mission trips than I have! I'm sure the Lord is going to teach me alot! Please keep our group in your prayers. I'm sure there will be a huge blog post about it when we get back!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

The room looks great, I love the logo! What are yall doing in SD? I'm sure you will write about it when you return! I'll be praying for you and also expect pictures! ;) You both will be great leaders!

Lee and Becca said...

We're praying for you guys as you go and look forward to hearing about the trip upon your return. The bulletin board part made me laugh....you were made to be a teacher...haha. Next fall I'll have to remember to talk to you when I'm trying to create Lee's! Because bulletin boards aren't his strongest teacherish quality. :)