Aaron and I celebrated July 4th with a parade and fireworks. Our church was in the parade this year to pass out fliers for our Angel Food ministry. We then watched fireworks on the river. That was the closest I've ever sat when watching fireworks. The big ones filled the whole sky and we pretty much had to look straight up. They were amazing.
***************************************
Our church softball team ended the regular season with a record of 8-4. The tournament will take place while we are at Family Camp so we will be coming home for those games of course! Aaron has been the coach this year. I got him a massive book of baseball quotes for his birthday so he picks out a quote for each game to share with the team.****************************
Our Bible quizzers are in New York this week at Roberts Wesleyan College for Quiz Nationals. One of the quizzers called us today to inform us that they won the championship! This makes 2 years in a row. We are so excited and proud of them!***********************************
We got Lexi a new toy this week and she loves it! It's a little stuffed mouse. She takes that thing everywhere and plays with it like crazy. Here is a video of her playing.*****************************************
This week our lake was blessed with two new residents. A man in town, who rescues animals, brought us two swans. They are supposed to help keep the geese away. So far it's working. All the geese are on the pond at the nursing home instead of the lake! Today the swams walked through our yard to go to the pond so we tried to corral them back to the lake. It didn't work but they eventually came back. While this was happening I realized how big swans are. The male's head comes up to my chest. I know I'm not very tall but that's a big bird! (Side story: Aaron and I went golfing today...well he golfed and I drove the cart. As we passed the clubhouse a woman came out and asked us to stop. She thought I was a child driving the golf cart, which is not allowed. She was a little embarrassed when she realized I was not nine years old. I saw her later and she apologized again for thinking I was a child.)
***************************************
Every Wednesday night that we are in town we have a cornhole night. It was originally going to be on Monday nights but was changed to Wednesday because of softball games. So now our students like to call it "Cornhole Monday on Wednesday".
Anyway, we don't just play cornhole. We play other outdoor games and will eventually use the canoes and paddle boat. This week however, it was pouring down rain so we were forced to be indoors. Luckily Aaron's dad made us a mini cornhole set so we were able to play that! We had a tournament and the students really enjoyed it.
1 comment:
It sounds like everything is going great. I loved the video of Lexi. So, when is the next time I will see you guys? I don't have a tournament at Taylor this year, so that is out.
Post a Comment