Monday, July 27, 2009

Family Camp

After we got back Sunday from our separate trips we did laundry and headed out again on Monday for Family Camp. Our youth was asked to lead worship for the teen services during the week. We got up there late Monday night after a church league softball game. We set up the equipment and practiced. We sang/played Tuesday-Friday. It went well and I think the teens enjoyed it. Saturday Aaron and one other boy played in the softball tournament. We didn't have enough for our own church team so we joined another church. We ended up getting 4th place. We ate a quick supper and then went home. I was so ready to be back home. Two weeks is too long to be gone!

The Band


The Sound Guy


On Wednesday Aaron was responsible for the afternoon activity. They played a game called Ultimate Ultimate. It started out as Ultimate Frisbee and then he added many other objects as time went on such as a football, mini frisbees, pickles, and socks filled with flour. The last object was a cow tongue. That was pretty hilarious to watch. The boys loved it and the girls screamed every time it got close to them.

3 comments:

Lee and Becca said...

I did not know exactly what a cow tongue would look like out of the cow. But now that I've seen the picture....I'm kind of wishing I still didn't know. YUCK.

Aaron Zehr said...

I've gotta give props to Miracle Camp in Lawton, Michigan for that game. It's played weekly during the summer camping season and is always a big hit!

Jewel said...

So I'm wondering what you did with the tongue.. for the Hodson/Evans service auction this year, a guy ate a cow tongue. It was cooked though, and that one looks different.. like this one was just dark brown. Oh.my.gracious. it smelled so nasty! It was aweful!