This past weekend my parents came down to visit. That is always nice because it usually slows our life down when people come because that means we aren't doing church related activities. I am so thankful that they are willing to visit so much because it is really hard for us to get away. They arrived Friday afternoon. We showed them the renovations in the church basement and then we ate supper. That night we went bowling in the bowling alley at Vincennes University. We had a good time. Aaron won but I got three strikes in one game. Which do you think is more impressive? Aaron and I differ on that, of course.
Saturday morning we had a big breakfast and then did some shopping. Dad wanted to see the John Deere dealer in Vincennes and then we got a present for my nephew. After we ate lunch, Dad went for a drive to see a crane they saw on the way down. He needed to go investigate it a little more and take some pictures. The rest of us didn't share that same desire so we stayed home. Mom and I watched a chick flick and, of course, Aaron did something else. When Dad got back we all took a walk down Main Street. That night we went out to dinner at Montana Mikes and then we came home and relaxed. Sunday they came to church with us and they came to my Sunday School class. They left after the service. We are now looking forward to when Aaron's parents come to visit next weekend!Monday at school everyone was saying that we were going to get some bad weather. Evansville got a lot of snow but by the time we went to bed that night we didn't really get anything. I woke up to a text that said school was closed. I looked out the window and saw just a little snow. I was so confused. When Aaron left for work I understood why. He had a thick layer of ice all over his car. Someone started to break up the ice on the sidewalk infront of our apartment. They didn't get very far because there was so much. This is a picture of that. School was closed again on Wednesday and we had a two hour delay Thursday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment