Monday, June 18, 2007

Bike Trip

A week before Mark and Lyndsay's wedding we planned a bike trip with our church friends for the Sunday after the wedding. If I knew how tired I was going to be, I would have wanted to make it another day. We four married couples wanted to take a little bike trip since we all have bikes. We decided to ride to Jay and Kelly Hochstetler's house Sunday afternoon. We rode our bikes to church that morning and then rode to their house after church. The ride there wasn't too bad and I was pretty proud of myself because there were a lot of hills. When we got there we ate our packed lunches and then swam in their pond. The boys threw the frisbee, of course, and tried catching it off the raft. We sat and talked, played Farkel, and swam some more. We also played on this blow up trampoline in the water and had a few wrestling matches. Aaron and I wrestled a few times while Nathan gave a play-by-play, but I never won. I had a few sweet moves but could never push him off. So finally right before we left I asked him to not put up much of a fight so I could just push him off. I needed to have that little bit of satisfaction! On our ride back to church I realized we shouldn't have wrestled because I had absolutely no strength. I felt like the biggest whimp ever! The hills were killing me and my legs were burning like crazy! We finally made it back to the church and my face was beet red. We went to the church service and then rode our bikes back home. We went out to eat at Fazolis with everyone because we didn't feel like cooking.


If you look closely you can see Aaron making an amazing catch!


The 16-wheelers!

No comments: