Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Love for Coupons

Since Kaitlyn was born we have gotten into couponing. Since I'm not working we are doing our best to save money wherever we can. Every little bit helps! Aaron and I go to Jay C on the way to church every Sunday and buy a paper; sometimes we buy 2 depending on the week. That afternoon I cut out the coupons and put them in our binder.
Coupons are really worth it when you combine them with items that are on sale. On Friday night we look through the Walgreens and CVS ads for good deals. When we first started we went to Walmart and wrote down prices for the items we buy so we know whether items at those stores really are good deals. It's saved us from buying things we thought would be a good deal but really weren't. We are also careful not to buy anything we wouldn't normally buy just because we have a coupon.
On Saturdays we check the blog Hip2Save.They always list all the deals you can get with coupons at Walgreens and CVS. They also find deals using online coupons that you can print. This blog also has deals for other stores and other random deals like free samples for products and codes for Pampers points (which we will be getting free Christmas photo cards with our points!). Aaron and I have saved $300 so far this year using coupons (That's the total with the cost of papers taken out)! We didn't get real serious with it until June so next year will be much more I'm sure! It's such a rush to get things for cheap or for FREE!

No comments: