Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Road Trip #5

Last week we took another trip. This time it was to northern Indiana to see my family. It was so wonderful. When we got there Tuesday night all my siblings and their families came over for dessert and time together outdoors. Wednesday afternoon Aaron and I went with my sister Natalie and her husband Greg to go boating with my brother Lee and his wife Becca. They have a boat and a wave runner. We enjoyed that time very much. I think it was the first time we've spent time together just the 6 of us. We rode on the tubes and Aaron had his first ride on a wave runner. We had lots of fun but were extremely sore for a few days! Afterwards my parents met up with us at Lee and Becca's and we had a cookout and had a cornhole tournament. The Zehrs were in the championship round but were defeated by the Sniders. Someday we'll have a rematch I'm sure. :) The other two couples went home but Aaron and I stayed to play a game. We taught Lee and Becca how to play Carcassonne.



Thursday we spent time with my mom and Natalie and her boys, Jarrett and Brayden, at my uncle's cottage. On the way there we stopped to see my Grandpa and Grandma Snider. My uncle Brian's family had already gone home toFlorida but he was still there. It was nice to be back at the cottage. It is one of my favorite places to be.



Friday Aaron and I washed and waxed our car with the help of Grandpa Juday and then spent some time at Natalie's. That afternoon we went with her and the boys to the fair. My parents met us there later on. I enjoyed walking around with my nephews looking at the animals and watching Jett ride on some of the rides.


Saturday morning we left around 10:00 and stopped at Lee and Becca's to play 9 holes of golf. Becca and I considered playing with the guys but since there was a chance of rain we decided to just ride along in another cart...with a roof. We made the right decision! It started to rain shortly after the guys started playing, however they said it was only sprinkling. When it began to downpour they finally admitted that yes, it was raining. On one hole Lee even accidently threw his club while teeing off because it was so wet. We had quite the time and I'm sure we'll always remember our first golf outing with Lee and Becca. We stopped by their house so the guys could change and then we went out for lunch. From their house we were already a 1/2 hour into our trip back home so we only had to drive 4 1/2 hours instead of the usual 5! One more trip to go.. Aaron and I will be at Family Camp this week in Clay City, IN. He is going to be the camp youth pastor. We are looking forward to our week there.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

I LOVE CARCASSONNE