That next week was Aaron's birthday. Happy 23! His birthday was on a Wednesday so we didn't go out or anything. After youth group he opened his presents and we ate cake. The Wednesday afternoon bible study group (mostly older people in the church) had a cake for him. The older ladies are so sweet and they just love him!
They asked him how old his was and when he said 23 one of them said, "I don't even remember what I was doing when I was 23!" That Friday night we went out to eat and to a movie to celebrate. That night at midnight Aaron did a fantasy baseball thing online with some guys from college. They didn't get finished until 3:30 and then he had to get up at 6:30 to go with some men from the church to Indy to vote on our new superintendent for the church conference. I slept in! Sunday we had a worship committee meeting after church and had another mission trip training night. 
We've also started having open gym nights at church. Aaron bought some dodgeballs so the teens have been enjoying that. I, however, enjoy my place on the sidelines much better. I tried to play one night and I just can't do a thing. I didn't get one person out. I'm such a girl! This past Friday we went to see one of our students in a play at his high school. It was called The Perfect Murder. He did so well and it was so much fun to watch him. We sat next to his mom. His dad died a year ago this past November. I kept thinking how great it would have been for his dad to see him do that. He would have been proud. I'm sure his mom must have thought the same thing. Saturday morning we had Angel Food distribution at church. I always enjoy that day. I just think it is such a neat ministry our church has and I hope we continue to do it for a long time. That afternoon we went to a musical put on by students from my school. There was only one student from our classroom in it but I recognized other students because of my lunch duty and one of my students from tutoring was in it. The student from our class had the part of a director so he wasn't exactly in the play but he was an important part. The day of auditions when he got the part he comes flying into our room yelling, "I got a part! This is the best day of my life!" I was so happy for him. I was a little worried about our special ed. kids trying out because they missed a whole week of school and they are already behind but I think it was worth it for him to be in it. He will remember that forever and I think it was really good for him. On Sunday Aaron gave the sermon. He did such a wonderful job. I was so proud of him! He just got up there and did his thing and the Lord worked through him. He got many compliments! He said he might have set the bar too high for when he preaches again in June. This past weekend I found out that both of my great grandmothers were in the hospital because of strokes. On Saturday afternoon my great grandma Clase passed away. So, Aaron and I will be making the trip home for the funeral and to visit my grandma Snider in the hospital. I was telling Aaron this week that they've been in my life for so long I just think they'll be here forever. I am so blessed to have had two great grandmothers for that long. Not many people have that. I'm looking forward to spending time with grandma Snider and letting her know how much I love her.
In case anyone is wondering, not much is going on with the job hunt. I've heard so many teachers talk about openings for next year but principals aren't officially looking yet. I'm hoping after spring break things will begin to pick up. Please keep this in your prayers. I'm anxious to see what the Lord has in store for me next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment