Friday, March 21, 2008

Funeral for Grandma Clase

Tuesday afternoon when I got off work Aaron and I drove home for my great grandma Clase's funeral. We stopped to see Lee and Becca on the way home and their new dog Toby. Greg and Natalie stopped by with the boys as well. Grandma's funeral was at 10:30 Wednesday morning. My grandma was 97 and it was a blessing that she went home to heaven. The service was very nice and it was very honoring to her. I did fine until my sister spoke. She talked about Grandma's entrance into heaven and reuniting with my grandma Snider and my dad and how her sight was restored and she got a new body. I cried tears of joy picturing how that must have been. After the service we went to the burial and then came back for lunch. I was able to talk with some of my cousins I hadn't seen since our wedding.

That afternoon we went to visit my great grandma Snider in the hospital. She had a stroke and it was a little hard to see her that way. She can move her arms and legs but she can't really speak. When I walked in and got close to her, I could tell she recognized me and she got a big smile on her face. My grandpa and grandma Snider were at the hospital too so it was good to see them. It was hard to leave the hospital because grandpa isn't doing well physically either. It's tough being far away and not being able to see them very much. That night we ate supper and spent time with my family. We left Thursday morning at 11:30 to come back home. I'm so glad we were able to make it to the funeral and see my family.

No comments: