Monday, September 10, 2007

Go Cards!

Last Thursday I took off work so Aaron and I could go to St. Louis for a Cardinals game. We got there a little early to walk around the stadium and look in the stores. I could have bought so many things! If Aaron wasn't with me I would have bought a few Christmas presents. :) As the game was about to start it was a little rainy and the radar showed that there was a big storm coming. The storm passed us but we still got some rain so the game was delayed an hour. We just sat in our ponchos in the seats and waited for the game to start. On the way there we talked about how our seats wouldn't be as good as last time but we were in a better position for catching a foul ball. I told him that if one came flying at us I would duck so I wouldn't get hit and Aaron could catch it. Well, in the second inning our hypothetical situation came to life. A ball was hit foul and it flew higher and higher until it reached our section. Aaron stood up with those around us and reached up to catch it. The guy in front of him tipped it and he still managed to get two hands on it, but couldn't quite pull it in. It landed right behind us and the people sitting there reached down and got the ball. It was the chance of a lifetime and it slid right through his hands! I told him it was a good thing Pujols or any other Cardinal didn't hit it or he would have had some major explaining to do! I kept hoping that another one would come our way but Aaron said that our chances are slim and the only thing we had going for us was that we are young and we'll be going to many more games. I'm pretty sure Aaron will remember that day for the rest of his life! It was such a fun game to go to because the Cards were hitting and scoring runs like crazy. At the end of the 7th inning we decided to leave because the score was 16-4. We left at the right time because as soon as we got in the car it started to pour! We met Aaron's college roommate, Erick, for supper at a restaurant in St. Louis. He is getting his masters there in Historical Theology. It was so good to catch up with him!

1 comment:

Amy Chastain said...

Hi Megan and Aaron :) I hope all is going well for you both! I was just reflecting with some Becca Johnson (one of my roommates now) about our freshman year...about our wrong impressions of each other and about our amazing RA.