Friday, August 17, 2007

I Got A Job!

Thank you all for your prayers because I finally got a job! I am so lucky to have a pastor for a husband because everyone in the church wants to help you out. If it wasn't for the teachers that attend there, I wouldn't know about any openings. A woman from the church called and said that she heard about an aide opening in one of the elementary schools and she said she told the principal about me and that I should try contacting her. I emailed the principal a few minutes later and she emailed me back right away asking me to send in my application. She got it the next morning and called me right away and I had an interview that morning at 10:00. I guess it wasn't much of an interview because it only lasted 10 minutes. She basically told me what the job would entail and offered the position to me. I will be starting on Monday. I will be working at Tecumseh-Harrison Elementary in the special education classroom. I think this is going to be a perfect job for me. I'm really excited about it and looking forward to learning more about special education. My hours will be 8:30-2:30 so it's just part time and it doesn't pay a whole lot but it's a great way to get into the school and make myself known for future openings.

2 comments:

Lee and Becca said...

oh the joys of special ed! i'm quickly realizing that special ed truly takes special people. we'll have to swap tales. maybe the kids there won't be like the kids here....i'll pray for that.
so glad you got a job!!!! and the school building looks COOL.

Bethany said...

WooHoo! I feel informed now so if you don't want to write a seperate email its ok. Miss you