Monday, August 13, 2007

Animal Attacks!

So this past Saturday was a little interesting with members of the animal kingdom! We got up early that morning to take a road trip to St. Louis with some of the students from our youth group to visit a girl from our group that had back surgery. After we got ready I was making the bed and I lifted up the quilt to get it straightened and I saw a dark spot. Wondering what it could be I lifted it up again to find that it was a huge cockroach!! I put the quilt down and started calling for Aaron to come save my life! Normally, if I was alone, I would have asessed the situation and taken care of the huge bug. BUT, since my husband was in the other room I acted like a little girl and made him come kill it. That was animal attack #1. Later on that day after we went to the hospital we went to the zoo. We had a great time even though it was extremely hot. Many of you know that I absolutely love going to the zoo because I love all kinds of animals(except cockroaches of course!) My favorite part was seeing the hippos because they were swimming in the water right in front of us and there was a big glass wall so we could see them under water. I don't ever remember being able to see hippos at the zoo and they were really active. My other favorite part were the elephants. I always see elephants at the zoo but since it was so hot two of them were sitting in the water cooling off right in front of us! It was so fun to watch them close up. Then all of the sudden we saw humongous droppings float to the top one by one. It was hilarious! That was just a funny story...on to my #2 animal attack...We stopped to look at a bear and there was a peacock that was walking on the ledge because they just let them walk around the zoo. Well, it kept coming closer and I kept watching it, wondering where it was going to go. All of the sudden it jumped off the ledge at me and I screamed and jumped behind Aaron and...everyone started laughing at me. And that was animal attack #2!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

We are so happy to hear that you have survived both of your tramatic experiences. Remember the peacock that walked our neighborhood at our old house. I'd walk out the door and it would be perched on my porch...scared the poo right out of me:) Only two more weeks and we will be there, we are so excited.