As many of you know, our lives have been crazy lately but it has slowed down just enough for us to update you on the lastest happenings. After the much awaited time, moving day had finally arrived! Aaron and I got up that Saturday morning and did some last minute packing. We started packing at 9:30 at the storage unit and then moved to the apartment.

Luckily we had amazing helpers and it went fairly quickly. A special thanks to Tim and Norm for joining us and our families. Your work was very much appreciated! The scary wood steps didn't make it very fun but everything went well and no one got hurt! After everything was loaded we ordered some pizzas and ate lunch on the floor of the empty apartment. I was pretty excited about moving but I was sad too.

It was a little hard to leave our first home. It will always be special to me. After lunch we piled into four vehicles, stopped for gas and made the 4 hour drive to Vincennes. I walked into the front door and someone from the church had roses and some groceries/supplies sitting on the counter. That was just the beginning of the wonderful things they did for us! I walked out the back door and there were tons of people waiting to help us unload. Aaron and I directed everyone where to put the boxes.

When it was all unloaded everyone left and the rest of us started to unpack. I was so glad to have all the extra hands! A woman from the church was so wonderful and brought us supper while we were working. Our families stayed over night in a hotel and came to church with us the next morning. We went to lunch afterwards and then they all went home. That night the church had a welcoming dinner for us. We decided that they are going to have amazing potlucks, which is very important to Aaron. :) We shared a little about ourselves and we were given a lot of food and gift cards. They have all been so friendly and we are really excited about getting to know them all. The next morning we were off to IYC which we will share with you in the next post!
Here are some more pictures from that weekend:
This is everyone that came to help us unload.
This is our new church!
This is Pastor Don and his wife Carla with their family.
1 comment:
I am jealous, No one from the hospital or from the bank helped us move :)
Post a Comment