Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hitting the Ground Running

A whole whopping 36 hours after we arrived in Vincennes we were once again departing. This time we headed to Knoxville, Tennessee with 9 students and one adult from the church. I only knew two things going in...we would be very tired and have an absolute blast. Both were true. Even though our heads were still spinning we were able to spend some quality time with some students from the youth group. We enjoyed getting to know them better and also began to seek together what God has for the youth group this coming year. Megan and I could not think of a better way to be initiated into our new church.

The week itself was full of praise songs, awesome speakers, and tons of activities. (I even managed to get into an ultimate frisbee game with a group from Greenville on the astroturf intramural fields of Tennessee Univ.) Many students discovered the joys of racquetball and we were able to get a bowling game in as well. I look forward to seeing God work amazing things in the lives of the students over this next year.

Some pics of my first week on the job...

Leaving for Knoxville at 4am


A little battle of the wills


Tower built for the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville


The gang before heading home

No comments: