
Brookhaven has been my home church for over 3 years now. This church has meant so much to me. Being very involved in my church back home in New Paris, I was afraid that when I went to college I wouldn't find a loving church that I could call my own and be a part of. God knew that worry and blessed me more than I could have ever imagined! Brookhaven has such a passion for college students and strives to reach out to them and make them feel at home. Throughout our time at Brookhaven we have been involved in many areas of the church. Aaron and I have lead worship for Lifeline(our college-age class), youth group (as well as being sponsors), and many Sunday morning services, and Aaron has been playing on the softball team. We were also married in the church which makes it even more special!
Through our time there we were part of the college adoption program and received 4 more family members! Norm and Sherri Barker, as well as their children Justine and Austin, were kind enough to take us into their family as we were away from ours throughout college. We have grown to become great friends over these past 3 years. As we are preparing to move and start a new time in our lives, I can't help but think how much everyone means to us and how much we are going to miss them! We have been given so much during our time there and I look forward to the day we can visit and spend time with them again. Until that time, we are looking forward to building new relationships in Vincennes and making that our new church home.
No comments:
Post a Comment