Saturday, February 6, 2010

God Really Does Know What He's Doing

As most of you know, it took quite a long time for me to finally get a teaching job. Both previous jobs I had finally led me to where I am now. This summer when I was interviewing, I ultimately wanted a job in the Vincennes Community Schools. I was already working for them and it would have been better pay than the Catholic school, which was also an option. I interviewed at one of the community schools and found out later that I almost got the job. I was basically runner-up. After that I was called by Flaget Catholic Elementary and was offered a job pretty much without an interview. I took it, at the time, almost feeling like I was settling for something less. This year has been wonderful! It is less pay but I think it has been worth it considering all the positive aspects. This past month, God has really shown me that He knew all along that Flaget was the place for me and He intended me to be there. Vincennes Community is having to cut back on their budget for next year. They are closing one school (the one I almost got a job at) and cutting about 15 teachers. That means I would have taught for one year and then lost my job. God knew all along. I'm so thankful for ways in which He works.

1 comment:

Nick and Jill Juday said...

Amen! :) Cute dress up day pic!