Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Tis the Season...To Have Lots Going On!

*Aaron and I started off the month by going to the annual Pastor/Spouse Christmas Dinner in Indy. We went up with Don and Carla (Senior pastor and his wife). We came home that night so it was a quick trip.

*On the 13th we had our annual Christmas Open House at the pastors' homes. We spent all of Saturday making food and cleaning the house. We had lots of people and the house was pretty full at one point. Sorry no pictures...I was busy hosting!

*The last week of youth group we did a service night. Instead of regular youth group, we rang bells for Salvation Army. We were at 3 different stores. We only ended up being there for less than a half hour because they came around early to pick up the kettles.



*That was also the last week of school. I really didn't teach very much because there were so many things going on! Thursday night was our Christmas concert. My class was angels.

Friday was full of partying. After mass each class took some canned goods down the Christmas tree and got to meet Santa.

That afternoon we had our classroom party. We ate snacks, opened gifts, and played Christmas pictionary.


*This past Sunday was our annual Youth Group Progressive Dinner. We go to houses of people in the church for each part of the meal. When we get to the last house we have a White Elephant gift exchange. Every year I look forward to getting rid of something in my house that I don't want anymore...and every year when I open whatever ridiculous gift one the teens brought, I realize it would be better to just keep my own gift!

No comments: