Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

Aaron and I did our Christmas on the Saturday before. We decided to just do stocking stuffers this year and get our dining room table refinished. We had a fire in the fireplace and drank our chai. It was a very relaxing morning. To top it all off we went to Denny's for breakfast/lunch.
****************************************
Tuesday morning we left to go to see my family for Christmas. I woke up with a stomach ache and threw up before we left and did it a couple more times in the car on the way. Not fun at all! That afternoon we spent time with Lee and Becca before the whole family came over. I was really upset that I had to be sick the night everyone was there. That night we ate supper, had devotions and opened presents. Christmas Eve morning I woke up and was back to normal! We did another Christmas with my parents, Greg & Natalie and their boys, and Lee and Becca. More food and presents! Lee and Becca left to go to Ohio and Greg and Natalie stayed the rest of the day. Christmas Day we were with my parents. We went to see my great great aunt Ruby and my grandpa and grandma Snider. Friday morning my friend Amber was able to come over and spend some time with us. We left that afternoon to come back home because Aaron's family came that night to our house.

The family minus spouses...I didn't get that picture on my camera!

Me with my neice JoEllen

Me and Mom on Christmas morning

Me with my friend Amber

*********************************************
Saturday morning we opened presents with Aaron's family and had breakfast for lunch. After that we went outside to play cornhole because it was 70 degrees! It was wonderful to get outside for awhile in warm weather. So weird! We played Monopoly, had supper and watched a movie. We also made s'mores in the fireplace! Sunday after church we had lunch and they left that afternoon.
Sam got Aaron a flag for our pole by the lake

I got lots of Tupperware!

Aaron's dad made the cornhole boards for us

Roasting marshmallows for s'mores!

**********************************************
We have been so blessed this year and God has worked in amazing ways in our life together. We hope you all took the time this Christmas to thank God for sending His Son to die for us and to reflect on what He has done in your life.

No comments: