The students were well behaved in the morning but had a rough afternoon. It was hard not being in complete control because I was only the substitute and not their regular teacher. I also got a lot of..."But our teacher ususally does this!" Many times I had to say, "Well, Mrs. Zehr is here so this is the way we are going to do it." One thing that I decided I will enjoy about subbing is that if I have a class that doesn't behave well, I just pick up my things at the end of the day and say, "Adios", not having to come back the next day. For the rest of this week I am scheduled to substitute so I'm excited about that. I still haven't heard about the literacy specialist job but I'm glad to be working until that happens.
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Um...Mrs. Z..whatever your name is...
The students were well behaved in the morning but had a rough afternoon. It was hard not being in complete control because I was only the substitute and not their regular teacher. I also got a lot of..."But our teacher ususally does this!" Many times I had to say, "Well, Mrs. Zehr is here so this is the way we are going to do it." One thing that I decided I will enjoy about subbing is that if I have a class that doesn't behave well, I just pick up my things at the end of the day and say, "Adios", not having to come back the next day. For the rest of this week I am scheduled to substitute so I'm excited about that. I still haven't heard about the literacy specialist job but I'm glad to be working until that happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Substituting takes away a lot of your ability to "control". I've found that kids really don't care about the substitute. You can be nice and they take advantage, you can be mean and they don't care. Because just like you don't have to see them the next day, they know you can't really do anything either! But $$ is $$ and when you are newly married, you gotta do what you gotta do. Good to hear that you are all booked with jobs! We've had two snow days here! Have fun at your shower this weekend :) xoxo
Post a Comment