Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's the Christmas Season

The life of a youth pastor's family is busy anyway but when you add the Christmas season into the mix it makes it even more so. Last weekend (Dec. 7-9) was full with activities. Friday night we traveled to Indy for a pastors and wives dinner. It was the annual Christmas dinner for the Free Methodist pastors in the Wabash Conference. The dinner was catered and it was very nice. I enjoyed our time there but driving 2 hours there and back was no fun. Saturday morning we met some of the youth at the church to set up for our dinner fundraiser featuring the Hoosier Swing Band. The adult leaders came back at 4:30 to start cooking the food. We had salad, chicken alfredo, breadsticks, and pie for dessert. Going into it a couple of us thought we were pretty good cooks. While in the middle of cooking we decided that we are only good cooks for small groups of people rather than a group of 75. I also decided that I could never be a cook in a restaurant because there is too much pressure! We were in the kitchen the whole time and didn't really get to see what was going on. We still enjoyed our time though. We have gotten so many compliments about the dinner. They enjoyed leisurely eating dinner, listening to the band and being served by the youth. I'm sorry I don't really have pictures because I was too busy in the kitchen. There was never a dull moment! After everyone left we were able to eat and then the youth cleaned up the kitchen. They had a pretty big job because we made a HUGE mess! We were both ready to go home because we were so tired. Sunday we had a carry in breakfast to honor the Sunday School teachers and then another great service. I came home and took a two hour nap because I've been sick with a cold. We went to a band concert to see some of our youth. That night we had the usual praise band practice and Bible study. It was a very busy weekend! Only one more week of school after this one and then it's home for Christmas!! I just can't wait to see our family!

These are some pictures of us preparing for the fundraiser dinner.



These are some pictures of the actual dinner. There aren't very many because I couldn't really leave the kitchen to take them!
It took my like 1 hour and a 1/2 to cook all the chicken!


These are two of our adult leaders that helped out. I was so glad to have them!

No comments: