Tuesday, October 30, 2007

You've Heard of March Madness...Well, It's Fall Madness for Us!

Shwoo! It has been a busy few weeks! Aaron and I have been going nonstop with all sorts of things! I feel like I haven't gotten enough rest but that's okay because I'm loving everything! Last weekend Aaron's Grandpa and Grandma Rocke came out to visit us. We showed them around Vincennes and of course played games. :) They also were able to come to church on Sunday morning and meet some of our church family. Thanks for coming, Grandpa and Grandma. It meant alot! Last week I had fall break. Thursday night Aaron and I drove about 2 hours to go camping with some friends from Marion. It was so good to be able to be with them again and it was like we never left. We just picked up right where we left off! The weather was rainy and cold but we still had a good time. Aaron and I bought a tent a few weeks ago so we got to try it out. Friday afternoon, when it was raining, we fit all 6 of us in it and played a game. Saturday morning we came back home and then raked leaves that afternoon with our youth group. We raked 4 yards of older people in the church for our service project this month. Apparently we can't do service for people in the church because they kept wanting to give us money for it. We are thankful that they want to support the group. I enjoyed working next to the students. We have alot of hard workers that want to serve. When we were done a few of us went out to eat and then drove down to Evansville to go see The Ten Commandments. Sunday morning we both taught Sunday School (Aaron taught the youth and I know teach a young adult class) and we both lead worship with the youth for the service. That afternoon we had Trunk 'n' Treat at church. A few of us decorated our trunks and then kids from the neighborhood played our games and got candy. Aaron and I did our trunk as Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? like the TV show. Aaron got a suit jacket at Goodwill and we gave him a combover to look like Jeff Foxworthy. We had a good time. That night we could finally relax. I was looking forward to fall break and I enjoyed it but there was definitely no rest involved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Aaron that you aren't bow-legged enough to truely do a good Jeff Foxworthy impression!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I have that boardgame! I saw it at Target and I just had to get it. I can bring it to your house over Thanksgiving, if you want.

Natalie said...

Glad you had fun with family and friends. Very creative idea for your trunk. Miss you!